Date: Sunday 17/05/2020
Topic: God is Infinite Col. 1:17
Prepared by: Ayo, Oore, Ife, Dunni & Bunmi LADIPO
Bible texts: Isa 40: 6-8, 12-18, 21-31; Col 1: 13-23; Ps. 89: 5-14; Isa 46: 3-5, 10-11
1. God is infinite. Isa 40: 12-18, 21-29.
- Infinite means limitless or endless in space, extent, or size; impossible to measure or calculate.
- GOD IS INCOMPARABLE. He stands on His own. HE IS HOLY!
- To measure something, you need a standard to compare it with, but God is His own only standard.
2. Man is finite, limited, measurable in all his scope. Isa 40: 6-8
3. Jesus Christ came to reveal the infinite God to man and to connect limited man to limitless God through His cross. John 14:6-7; Col 1: 13-23; Isa 40:29-31
- Knowing the limitless God should instil worship, adoration, and exaltation in us.
- knowledge of the limitless God should generate confident trust, submission and total dependence in us.
- Appreciation of the Love of God for us in Christ Jesus.
- The challenges that look insurmountable to us are nothing to our limitless God.
- Accept Jesus Christ; the only way to God
- Commune with Him in His word and prayers. Eph. 1: 17-19
- With God all things are possible Matt 19:26; Mark 10:27
- All things are possible to him that believes. Mark 9:23
- Thank God for His everlasting Love to us ward. Eph 3:14-19
- Ask for help from the limitless God. Eph 3:20-21
- Give Him all glory